ACC 202 : Introduction to Managerial Accounting
An introduction to managerial accounting methods for evaluating performance including cost accounting, budgeting, break-even analysis, ratio analysis, standard cost systems, and reporting for internal decision making.
ACC 201 with “C” or better.
- Analyze, record, and report equity and long-term liability transactions related to partnerships and corporations from both an issuer and investor perspective using GAAP.
- Prepare and analyze the Statement of Cash Flows.
- Analyze financial statements using horizontal analysis, vertical analysis, and financial statement ratio techniques.
- Describe the concepts of managerial accounting and explain how they are applied to various business models.
- Analyze, record, and report the activities of a manufacturing company using process cost, job order cost, and standard cost accounting systems.
- Prepare information and reports that may be used by management to plan, direct, motivate, and control a business using Cost-Volume-Profit analysis, incremental analysis, and operational and capital budgeting techniques.