All applicants must complete the online University of Hawai‘i System Application by the published deadline.  Applicants are encouraged to file their Admissions application as early as possible. Completed applications and all supporting and requested documents must be received by the deadline. For application deadline dates, refer to the Admissions and Records Office webpage at

  • Students who have missed at least one semester of enrollment must re-apply for admission. However, students who stopped out within two years, may contact the Admissions & Records Office to re-activate their application, if their last Home Campus was Windward CC.

The enrollment of non-residents and international students is governed by Board of Regents policy. Non-Residents are assessed a non-refundable non-resident application fee.

All documents received by the College become property of the College and will not be returned to the applicant.

Early Admissions Programs

In addition to the completion of the University of Hawai‘i System Application, the following is also required:

  • Running Start and Early College - Complete the UH Dual Credit Application and obtain high school and parent/legal guardian approval to attend college classes while earning credits toward high school graduation and college degree.
  • Early Admit - Complete the Windward CC Early Admit Application and obtain high school and parent/legal guardian approval to attend WCC college classes while still enrolled in high school.
  • Homeschool - Complete the Windward CC Early Admit Application and obtain parent/legal guardian approval, and submit the Department of Education Exceptions to Compulsory Education (4140) form.

High school students who choose to continue their Early Admissions studies must re-submit the appropriate Early Admissions application to continue their status. Early College graduates who choose to continue their studies at WCC as freshman must submit a new University of Hawai‘i System Application to update their status and declare a degree program.


Refer to Auditing in the Academic Regulations section.

Senior Citizen Visitor Pass

The Senior Citizen Visitor Pass (SCVP) allows seniors to “visit” courses that are offered at Windward Community College free of charge if applicable seats are available (maximum of three classes). Senior Citizen Visitors are exempt from tuition/fee payments, no credit is awarded, no name will appear on the instructor’s class roster via MyUH and no permanent academic records are retained in the Admissions & Records office. The Senior Citizen Visitor status cannot provide an active UHID, access to MyUH or Laulima or full library privileges.  

Senior Citizens who meet the following conditions may apply during Late Registration Period at the Admissions & Records Office:

  • Hawai‘i resident for tuition purposes
  • At least 60 years of age prior to the first day of the semester
  • Clear of any University of Hawai‘i financial obligations
  • Meet the course prerequisites
  • Meet State of Hawai‘i Department of Health health clearance requirements
  • Senior Citizen Visitor Pass Application is required each semester (Fall and Spring only)

Senior Citizens who wish to enroll in courses to receive credit are required to follow the same procedure and deadline as other students. Once a Senior Citizen Visitor Pass is issued, the Senior Citizen Visitor cannot request credit for said class(es).

Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver

Employees must be employed half-time or more to be eligible for tuition waivers at any UH Campus for a maximum of six credit hours per semester. Faculty/staff tuition waiver applicants must follow the same Admissions requirements, procedures and deadline as other students. Once accepted, registration must occur only during the Late Registration period. Refer to the Human Resources Department for more information.