Companion laboratory to AQUA 106, Small Scale Aquaculture. Practical, hands-on experiences in small scale aquaculture. Laboratory/field trip class.
Credit for or registration in AQUA 106.
- Construct and operate different kinds of small-scale aquaculture systems.
- Identify and classify common species of aquaculture organisms.
- Identify anatomical (internal and external) features of aquaculture organisms.
- Operate a small-scale aquaculture system to successful harvest of target species.
- Monitor culture conditions (physical, chemical and biological) in small-scale aquaculture systems.
- Demonstrate techniques for the cultivation of live food cultivation.
- Demonstrate techniques for the reproduction of aquaculture species.