Art 108 is a studio course, which includes drawing and an introduction to acrylic painting techniques, with an emphasis on acrylic painting. Course content will also emphasize composition and color theory. May be repeated up to 6 credits.
- Comprehend and use basic drawing techniques to create finished drawings.
- Use appropriate acrylic painting and color techniques to make finished paintings.
- Evaluate the creative problem-solving process to complete a final composition.
- Evaluate and critique works of art by using art terminology.
- Distinguish seeing from looking.
- Create a personal drawing and painting style through art practice and theory.