Art 114 is an introductory course focusing on color theory and the application of color as related to studio art practice.
- Formulate a personal and expressive sense of color.
- Recognize and comprehend color interaction, color phenomena, color theories and vocabulary specific to color study.
- Master skills in paint mixing, color matching and application as well as other art processes, to creatively solve color problems.
- Utilize the multiple dimensions of color: hue, value, intensity and temperature in specific color projects.
- Recognize and properly use the three types of color applications: opacity, transparency and optical mixing.