ART 214 : Introduction to Life Drawing
Art 214 is an introductory figure drawing course. Anatomical construction, light, space, diagrammatic analysis, and thematic content will be studied through the drawing process. May be repeated up to 6 credits.
Credit for ART 113 or consent of instructor.
ART 101 and 213.
- Draw the human figure accurately and expressively.
- Investigate through drawing, the interaction of structure, anatomy, design and expression, as it relates to the figure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the internal structure of the figure and its effects on topography.
- Discuss figure drawing concepts and techniques.
- Critique work based on figure drawing concepts and techniques.