Art 214 is an introductory figure drawing course. Anatomical construction, light, space, diagrammatic analysis, and thematic content will be studied through the drawing process. May be repeated up to 6 credits.
ART 101 and 213.
Credit for ART 113 or consent of instructor.
- Draw the human figure accurately and expressively.
- Investigate through drawing, the interaction of structure, anatomy, design and expression, as it relates to the figure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the internal structure of the figure and its effects on topography.
- Discuss figure drawing concepts and techniques.
- Critique work based on figure drawing concepts and techniques.