ART 253 : Sculpture–figure Modeling
Modeling the human figure in clay, with emphasis on the basic skeletal structure and muscles in relation to surface modulation, proportion, volume and gesture. May be repeated up to 6 credits.
- Demonstrate through finished sculpture, an understanding of figure and portrait modeling, mold-making, fabrication, and the casting process and materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of drawing as a tool for conceptualization and documentation of personal imagery.
- Demonstrate an awareness of historic and contemporary examples of sculpture.
- Perceive and sculpt volume and mass with increased sensitivity and personal confidence.
- Trust one’s own decisions, insights, and perceptions during the creative problem-solving process.
- Demonstrate an ability to articulate the concepts and intent of a finished sculpture.