Modeling the human figure in clay, with emphasis on the basic skeletal structure and muscles in relation to surface modulation, proportion, volume and gesture. May be repeated up to 6 credits.
- Demonstrate through finished sculpture, an understanding of figure and portrait modeling, mold-making, fabrication, and the casting process and materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of drawing as a tool for conceptualization and documentation of personal imagery.
- Demonstrate an awareness of historic and contemporary examples of sculpture.
- Perceive and sculpt volume and mass with increased sensitivity and personal confidence.
- Trust one’s own decisions, insights, and perceptions during the creative problem-solving process.
- Demonstrate an ability to articulate the concepts and intent of a finished sculpture.