ART 260 : Gallery Design and Management
Design theory and techniques for presentation of art work and mounting an exhibition. May be repeated up to 6 credits.
- Plan and install an art display using the appropriate skills and techniques of gallery design and management.
- Evaluate spatial relationships, design principles and color theory as related to gallery displays and discover the role intuition plays in the arts and gallery design.
- Critique and evaluate works of art and presentation by using art terminology.
- Prepare publicity related to gallery practice to include press releases and gallery invitations.
- Generate a portfolio documenting art exhibitions in our local community.