Financial Aid and Eligibility Requirements

Windward Community College offers financial aid to students who seek help in funding their cost of education. These expenses may include tuition charges, student fees, books, supplies, living expenses, personal expenses and childcare costs. The Windward CC Financial Aid Office administers federal, state and institutional aid programs in the form of grants, student loans, scholarships, and employment opportunities. Students applying for financial aid at Windward CC should submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year. Additional financial aid information and forms are available on the Financial Aid Office homepage


  • Enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program at Windward CC. The programs eligible for financial aid at Windward CC are Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts, Associate in Arts in Hawaiian Studies, Associate in Science in Natural Science, Associate in Science in Veterinary Technology, Certificate of Achievement in Agripharmatech (Ethnopharmacognosy), and Certificate of Achievement in Veterinary Assisting
  • Have a high school diploma or a GED
  • Be either a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (i.e. permanent resident alien)
  • Continuing Windward CC students must be meeting satisfactory academic progress requirements towards their degree objective
  • Males between the ages of 18 and 25 years old must register with the Selective Service or prove exemption from registering
  • Must not owe a repayment on a federal grant or be in default on a student loan