ICS 100 : Computing Literacy and Applications
Fundamental information technology concepts and computing terminology, productivity software for problem solving, computer technology trends and impact on individuals and society. Emphasizes the utilization of operating systems and the production of professional documents, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, and web pages.
Credit in both ENG 22 or ENG 23 and MATH 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 75X or higher.
- Utilize the basic features of computer applications to communicate effectively (major content area).
- Utilize operating system interfaces to manage computing resources effectively and securely.
- Utilize online resources for research and communication.
- Define, explain, and demonstrate proper computing terminology usage in areas such as hardware, software, and communications.
- Describe ethical and security issues involved in the use of computing technology.