ICS 101 : Digital Tools for the Information World
Fundamental information technology concepts and computing terminology, productivity software for problem solving, computer technology trends and impact on individuals and society. Emphasizes the utilization of operating systems and the production of professional documents, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, and web pages.
- Utilize the appropriate computing applications to produce professional documents, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, and webpages for effective communication (major content area).
- Utilize operating system interfaces to manage computing resources effectively and securely.
- Extract and synthesize information from available Internet resources using intelligent search and discrimination.
- Define, explain, and demonstrate proper computing terminology usage in areas such as hardware, software, and communications to effectively interact with other computer users and to prepare for higher-level computer courses.
- Describe ethical issues involved in the use of computer technology.