ICS 184 : Introduction to Networking
This course provides the student with the knowledge and skills to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, as well as to describe networking technologies, basic design principles, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools. The course also introduces the student to network security concepts.
- Manage networking projects as part of a team.
- Discuss information security technologies such as cryptography, digital signatures, key management, and authentication as they relate to computer networks.
- Describe the fundamental concepts, technologies, components, terminology, protocols, standards organizations, and business, legal, ethical, and security issues related to communications and data networks.
- Describe a basic secure network architecture in accordance with current best practices given a specific need and set of hosts/clients.
- Use current network tools to monitor, map and troubleshoot a network and to track and identify packets.