Program organization paradigms, programming environments, implementation of a module from specifications, the C and C++ programming languages.
Grade of “C” or better in ICS 211 or consent of instructor.
- Use an editor, make file, and compiler in the UNIX environment.
- Use recursion, arrays, pointers, character variables, bitwise operators, structures, and linked data structures in C.
- Use classes (constructors, destructor, and overloading assignment), operator overloading, inheritance, and polymorphism in C++.
- Use linked data structures and recursion in C++.
- Use standard C++ strings and C++ STL library data structures, such as STL lists.