MICR 140L : General Microbiology Lab
Laboratory course illustrating fundamental techniques and concepts of microbiology, such as microscopic observations, aseptic transfer, microorganism classification and identification, environmental factors influencing microorganisms, biochemistry of microorganisms, ecological microbiology, and medical microbiology. This course is designed to complement MICR 130. Primarily for students in Agripharmatech, nursing, dental hygiene and nutrition. Science laboratory course.
Credit for or registration in MICR 130; placement into Math 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 82 or higher.
- Operate equipment used in microbiology laboratory.
- Prepare growth media.
- Perform aseptic transfer.
- Identify microorganisms using morphological and physiological tests.
- Follow biosafety procedures.
- Produce lab reports using the standard scientific format.