PHYL 142L : (Formerly Zool 142l) Human Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
Laboratory to accompany ZOOL 142. Reinforces the facts and concepts of human anatomy and physiology discussed in ZOOL 142 through dissections, examination of models, laboratory activities, and other hands-on experiences. This course is intended for students entering health care or medically related fields such as nursing, physical therapy and medical technology.
Credit for or registration in ZOOL 142 or equivalent preparation or consent of instructor.
- Use the scientific method to design and conduct a clinical research study.
- Describe the anatomy of the endocrine, circulatory, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems from prepared slides, models, and real and virtual animal dissections.
- Use basic laboratory and medical equipment (microscopes, sphygmomanometers, stethoscopes, ECG apparatus, & respiratory spirometers) to evaluate functions of the above body systems.
- Use critical thinking to analyze and interpret clinical data.
- Prepare an oral presentation and written summary of lab activities using the scientific method.