Registering for Classes

To be eligible for registration, prospective students must first apply for Admissions and gain acceptance to the College. Applicants will be notified of their Admissions decision via email, and will receive guidance on the following next steps: 

Health Clearances

The State of Hawai‘i Department of Health Administrative Rules, Title 11 Chapter 157 and 164.2 requires all students to meet its health requirements prior to attendance at any post-secondary institution in the State of Hawaii. Certificate of TB (Tuberculosis) Examination, and Immunization documentation for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR), Varicella (chickenpox), effective Fall 2020, and Tdap (Tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis), effective Fall 2020, are required. Health clearances must be signed and stamped by a U.S. licensed Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Advanced Practiced Registered Nurse (APRN), Physician Assistant (PA) or clinic. Completed forms should be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office in Hale Alaka‘i.

Placement Testing

Evidence is required to determine placement for math, English and other courses with a math or English pre-requisite. To determine placement, students may:

  • Provide documents for placement evaluation (e.g. high school transcript, college transcript, SAT, ACT, Smarter Balance Assessment) to their WCC Counselor
  • Take the Accuplacer or EdReady Placement test. Please visit The Testing Center for more information on these testing options

Placement options can be discussed at New Student Orientation or with a Counselor prior to registration. Transfer students who have completed college-level courses in math and English are not required to take placement tests. Proof of completed courses (e.g. copy of transcript or grade report) must be provided to the Counselor prior to registration.

MyUH Account

MyUH Services at provides valuable student resources, such as course availability, information on grades and transferring credits and tuition and fee payment.

  • Your <username> is the official form of UH communication. UH email should be checked frequently for important messages
  • Set up/manage your UH username at

New Student Orientation

All first-year college students are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. At this meeting, students receive information about registration, campus resources, and college success. Accommodations for distance learning (online) students can be made when signing up for orientation. Contact Student Affairs Peer Mentors at 808-235-7454. 

Register for Classes

First-year college students must see a counselor before registering for classes. Counselors assist students with academic advising, class scheduling and registration. Returning and transfer students in good academic standing may register independently online via STAR GPS. Contact Student Affairs Counseling and Advising at 808-235-7413.

Tuition/Fees Payment

Payment can be made online via MyUH Services at or in-person at any UH Cashier's Office. Any outstanding balance may lead to a financial debt, referral to a collection agency and denial of UH services. Students who register but choose not to attend must drop their classes by the deadline to avoid financial charges and punitive grades (e.g. F grade). 

Frosh Camp

All incoming freshman (first time to college) are required to attend Frosh Camp. Frosh Camp is an interactive program that will give you a head start on your first semester at Windward Community College, providing success strategies, access to campus resources, increased awareness of college expectations and improved transitioning to college. Frosh Camp is provided to students in Fall and Spring. Contact Student Affairs Peer Mentors at 808-235-7454 or