SPAN 202 : Intermediate Spanish II
Continuation of SPAN 201. Further refinement of basic language skills including vocabulary development beyond the 201 level. Increased control over structures and idioms. Includes reading about literature, culture and society.
Credit for SPAN 201 or consent of instructor.
- Use accurate pronunciation, structure and vocabulary to communicate orally with speakers of Spanish, creating dialogs based on real-life situations.
- Read and understand authentic documents in Spanish (articles, poems, short stories, film scripts, plays) for cultural information and critical thinking.
- Write texts (poems, essays, diaries, reports) using knowledge of vocabulary, culture and increasingly sophisticated syntax and grammatical structure, with increasing fluency and proficiency.
- Analyze oral, written and visual sources (dialogs, articles, film clips, feature length films, Internet sites) of information about Hispanic culture and compare and contrast with what the students know of their own culture.
- Create short film clips in the u-tube genre, containing both visual and verbal information about Hispanic culture.