SP 151 : Personal and Public Speech
This course introduces students to the basic principles of human communication. Students will receive practice in improving their competency in the areas of public speaking, specifically in informative and persuasive speaking.
Placement in ENG 21 or ENG 23 or higher.
- Describe the principles and processes of human communication.
- Compare and contrast differences between interpersonal, intrapersonal, and public speaking.
- Demonstrate and evaluate effective verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Appropriately adapt communicative messages to the self and to others.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills.