SP 251 : Principles of Effective Public Speaking
This course provides students with the opportunity to build on their public speaking skills through extensive practice in speech preparation and delivery techniques. This course will focus on how to organize a presentation, develop rhetorical skills, and use analytical skills.
Grade of “C” or better in ENG 100 or credit for SP 151.
- Demonstrate correct usage of relevant concepts, theories, and principles of effective public communication.
- Analyze the ethical implications of speaking and being an attentive audience member.
- Select appropriate and effective speech topics.
- Conduct quality research and gather supporting material for various types of public speeches.
- Critique and provide constructive feedback to public speakers.