SP 253 develops writing, reading, critical thinking, and communication skills. Students will learn to develop techniques to researching and presenting arguments in an effective and articulate manner.
Recommended course SP 151
Grade of “C” or better in ENG 100 or credit for SP 151.
- Use different speech components to form cohesive argument
- Identify support for claims and be able to refute and explain logical fallacies
- Recognize ethical and unethical arguments through the use of rhetoric
- Differentiate between propositions of fact, value, and policy
- Demonstrate an increased self-awareness of critical thinking and reasoning including identifying self-biases and inferences