Introduces theories and strategies for managing communication in organizations. Students will gain an understanding of how communication functions by addressing the self, maintaining interpersonal relationships, problem solving and decision-making, and the use of technology in the workplace.
- Discuss the characteristics of groups and teams in organizations
- Analyze communication problems in the workplace
- Evaluate the role of interpersonal relationships in organizations
- Apply communication theories to everyday situations using multiple perspectives
- Discuss case studies to reflect on qualitative methods used in organizational communication.