SP 261 : Organizational Communication
Introduces theories and strategies for managing communication in organizations. Students will gain an understanding of how communication functions by addressing the self, maintaining interpersonal relationships, problem solving and decision-making, and the use of technology in the workplace.
- Discuss the characteristics of groups and teams in organizations
- Analyze communication problems in the workplace
- Evaluate the role of interpersonal relationships in organizations
- Apply communication theories to everyday situations using multiple perspectives
- Discuss case studies to reflect on qualitative methods used in organizational communication.