AG 152 : Orchid Culture
An extensive study of orchid identification, breeding, growth, and culture. Students are required to write a 10 to 15 page research report.
- Identify orchid species, hybrids and trace their pedigrees.
- Provide cultural requirements for each genus, including temperature, light intensity, humidity, watering, fertilizing, media composition, and pest or disease control and repotting.
- Perform traditional and in vitro propagation techniques.
- Perform orchid breeding and discuss its economic importance.
- Conduct research and submit research paper.