ANSC 151L : Clinical Laboratory Techniques Lab
Laboratory to accompany ANSC 151. Provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform common veterinary lab tests including urinalysis, hematology, blood chemistry, cytology and parasitology. This course is intended for students entering veterinary technology, veterinary assisting or other animal-related fields.
A grade of “C” or better in ANSC 142 and ANSC 142L.
- Properly package, handle and store specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of veterinary lab equipment (e.g. microscopes, blood chemistry analyzers, centrifuges, and refractometers).
- Determine proper maintenance and quality control procedures necessary to ensure accurate results.
- Properly carry out analysis of laboratory specimens, including urinalysis, CBC, blood chemistry and common cytological and parasitological procedures.
- Use critical thinking to analyze and interpret clinical data to determine if a need exists for additional laboratory tests that will provide useful diagnostic information.