ANSC 191 : Veterinary Office and Computer Skills
Veterinary Office and Computer Skills covers the support skills needed in a veterinary office. Because veterinary office skills are critical in the success or failure of a practice, this course will emphasize the following: client communication, public relations, ethical and legal procedures, bookkeeping functions, scheduling, records management, and telephone skills. Students will be introduced to one or more industry-standard veterinary software programs as well as word processing and spreadsheet software.
Registration in or a grade “C” or better in ANSC 142 and ANSC 142L. Credit for or placement in ENG 100 and MATH 101. Confirmed attendance to Windward CC veterinary technology information session.
- Contribute to a welcoming office environment that promotes accurate interactions with patients and clients.
- Work as a team member to deliver service in an ethical, compassionate manner, following the Veterinary Technician Code of Ethics developed by the National Association of Veterinary Technicians Association Ethics Committee.
- Perform introductory office administrative duties to insure up-to-date filing and retrieval of documents, data entry, billing and receipts, and inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of an industry-standard veterinary software program.
- Demonstrate introductory skills for a word processing and spreadsheet program.