This lab trains students to safely and effectively use x-ray technology to obtain diagnostic radiographs of the skeletal- and soft anatomy of companion animals.
Admission in the Veterinary Technology Program and a grade of “C” or better in all completed ANSC courses
Concurrent enrollment in ANSC 252.
- Utilize radiographic equipment to expose and develop radiographic films in order to create diagnostic radiographic images.
- Properly label and file radiographic films and complete radiographic logs and reports.
- Utilize radiographic contrast agents to produce diagnostic images of urinary and GI organs.
- Perform radiographic techniques utilized in screening for canine hip dysplasia.
- Demonstrate proper maintenance and troubleshooting of radiographic equipment.
- Position companion animals safely and humanely for radiographic studies.