ASTR 110L : Survey of Astronomy Lab
Demonstration of astronomical principles through laboratory observations and analysis of astronomical data. Not required for ASTR 110.
Credit for or registration in ASTR 110 or consent of instructor.
- Apply the scientific method to a selected group of topics in astronomy.
- Collect, report and analyze data obtained in a laboratory and/ or observatory setting in a manner exhibiting organization, proper documentation and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the use of standard astronomical instruments.
- Perform image analysis, especially as related to astronomical photographic data.
- Identify environmental factors, which affect the outcome of an experiment or observation and apply basic error analyses techniques.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer on-line and Internet astronomical programs.