BIOL 100 : Human Biology
Introduction to structure and functions of cells, tissues, organs, and systems of the human body. Topics related to physical fitness, nutrition, health, and disease. Not intended for science majors. Students who have received credit for or are currently enrolled in ZOOL 101 may not receive credit for BIOL 100.
- Use scientific reasoning to answer a question about phenomena in our natural universe or to determine the validity of a scientific claim.
- Distinguish between living things and inanimate objects.
- Relate cell structure and function to the architecture and functioning of the human body.
- Use information about the form (anatomy) and function (physiology) of the human body to make effective decisions about human health.
- Describe the interrelationships between humans and their environments.