BIOL 172L : Introduction to Biology II Lab
Laboratory to accompany BIOL 172.
High school biology and college level reading and writing skills.
- Use the scientific method of inquiry to investigate biological phenomena.
- Apply the concepts learned in BIOL 172 to an experimental and hands-on observational setting.
- Collect, reduce, and interpret biological data.
- Prepare written objective reports describing and interpreting experimental and observational results.
- Apply standard analytical procedures for the comparative study of plants and animals, such as the handling of living and preserved materials for study, dissection procedures, preparation of materials for microscopic examination, and use of dichotomous keys.
- Identify the diagnostic anatomical features of organisms representing major groups of plants and animals.
- Identify the major systematic groups to which specimens of plants and animals belong.