CHEM 151L : Elementary Survey of Chemistry Lab
Experiments introducing laboratory techniques and illustrating chemical principles; supplemented by films, demonstrations, and problem sessions.
Credit for or registration in CHEM 151.
- Identify and locate laboratory safety equipment and apply laboratory safety procedures.
- Assemble apparatus to perform common laboratory techniques to verify basic chemistry laws on gases, chemical stoichiometry, chemical equilibrium and others.
- Use molecular models and technology to investigate chemistry concepts.
- Make and record accurate observations, precise measurements and calculations applying rules on significant figures.
- Develop hypotheses, use critical thinking to process results and identify sources of error.
- Apply and articulate the scientific method by preparing a lab report using the standard scientific format.