Laboratory experiments illustrating fundamental principles of chemistry.
Credit for or registration in CHEM 161.
- Apply laboratory safety procedures and respond to hazards.
- Use molecular and crystal models, perform common laboratory techniques competently and computer-based experiments to verify chemistry laws on stoichiometry, thermochemistry, behavior of gases and liquids.
- Apply and articulate the scientific method by preparing lab reports using the standard scientific format.
- Make and record precise measurements, calculate results using significant figures, standard deviations and identify sources of error in laboratory experiments.
- Express in writing core chemistry principles, results of experiments and do critical thinking by synthesizing conclusions based on observations and data.