Laboratory experiments illustrating fundamental principles of chemistry.
Credit for or registration in CHEM 162.
- Develop an appreciation for the methods of scientific inquiry through computer-based laboratory experiments showing real-time data.
- Apply knowledge to determine molar mass of unknown substance using freezing point depression data of solution.
- Calculate chemical reaction rate and constant using graphing analysis.
- Predict the effects of concentration and temperature changes on equilibrium mixtures using Le Chatelier’s principle.
- Determine whether equilibrium is established and calculate equilibrium concentrations/constants and cell potentials.
- Apply and articulate the scientific method by preparing lab reports using the standard scientific format. Express in writing core chemistry principles, results of experiments and do critical thinking by synthesizing conclusions based on observations and data.