IS 105B : Career Decision Making
An introductory course designed to prepare students to make more focused career/life decisions through self analysis and world of work examinations.
Placement in ENG 22 or ENG 23 or higher.
- Describe the career development process, current labor market trends, and issues related to economic self-sufficiency.
- Identify personal, family, cultural, and financial influences that relate to their career and educational decisions.
- Apply career knowledge by exploring their interests, skills, values, personality traits.
- Illustrate how their career search relates to job shadowing and service learning activities choices.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the career decision making process by keep a journal and responding to evaluations of the instructor.