MUS 241 : Digital Music Production II
Continuation of principles and skills introduced in MUS 240. Digital music composition and audio production on the Macintosh platform with emphasis on advanced MIDI and mixing techniques, audio editing, sound synthesis, and programming of virtual instruments and effects.
MUS 240 or consent of instructor.
- Advanced use of MIDI sequencing and audio recording software, or notation software, as tools for music composition, arranging and performance.
- Apply advanced skills in MIDI sequencing and editing, and digital audio editing to music composition projects.
- Effectively mix, bounce and prepare audio files for appropriate media and applications.
- Create and edit original sounds and effects for music projects.
- Transfer skills to other MIDI sequencing and digital audio software programs across PC and Mac platforms.