Introduction to digital music and sound production on the Macintosh platform: MIDI sequencing, audio recording, music arranging, editing, mixing and mastering; preparing audio files for CD, video and web applications; sound synthesis and programming using virtual instruments. (Cross-listed as CM 240.)
MUS 108, 121 (alpha) or 253; or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes Are:
- Use MIDI sequencing and audio recording software, and/or notation software, as tools for music composition, arranging and performance.
- Apply basic skills in MIDI sequencing and editing, and digital audio recording and editing to audio mixing and mastering projects.
- Prepare audio files for CD burning, and video and web applications.
- Apply understanding of sound synthesis to create original sounds for music projects.
- Transfer skills to other MIDI sequencing and digital audio software programs across PC and Mac platforms.