Student Learning Outcomes Are:
- Identify masterpieces of classical music repertoire.
- Distinguish the essential compositional characteristics of the several stylistic periods in music/art history and representative composers from each period, which help place unfamiliar repertoire into familiar periods.
- Contrast/compare music of any type (i.e., classical, popular, ethnic, seasonal) for texture, form, melodic contour, harmonic orientation and time of composition.
- Compare/contrast the live performances seen during the semester.
- Define the elements that make up classical performance tradition and etiquette.