OCN 201L : Science of the Sea Lab
Experiments, computer exercises and field trips demonstrating the geological, physical, chemical and biological principles, and equipment, of earth and ocean sciences.
Credit for or registration in OCN 201 or equivalent preparation or consent of instructor.
High school algebra and chemistry; ability to use a computer.
- Develop a practical understanding of the principals of oceanography.
- Use the methodology of marine biology and oceanography to define and solve problems independently and collaboratively.
- Use a wide variety of laboratory and field techniques with accuracy, precision and safety.
- Accurately interpret biological and oceanographic information.
- Demonstrate proficient library, mathematical and computer skills in data gathering and analysis.
- Apply scientific concepts to environmental and societal issues.
- Apply their learning in an off-campus professional setting.