Lab experiments illustrating topics and methods in the Physical Sciences with emphasis in Physics and Chemistry. Designed for nonscience majors.
Credit for or registration in PHYS 122 or consent of instructor.
- Apply the scientific method to a selected group of topics in physics and chemistry.
- Collect, report and analyze data obtained in a laboratory setting in a manner exhibiting organization, proper documentation and critical thinking.
- Manipulate data and apply quantitative techniques, such as graphing and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the standard instruments used in physics and chemistry.
- Identify environmental factors, which affect the outcome of an experiment or observation and apply basic error analyses techniques.