This laboratory course is a rigorous, calculus-based study for professional or engineering majors. Laboratory exercises are designed to reinforce the fundamental concepts of kinematics, mechanics, energy, waves and thermodynamics. (3hourslaboratory)
Credit for or registration in PHYS 170.
- Demonstrate an experimental understanding of some basic physical concepts and theories.
- Demonstrate familiarity with various instruments and their use in making reliable and precise measurements.
- Calculate a result with the appropriate number of significant figures.
- Analyze data using calculation and graphical methods.
- Organize an accurate and complete laboratory notebook.