Companion laboratory to ZOOL 200, Marine Biology. Practical, hands-on experiences in marine biology. Laboratory/fieldtrip class.
Credit for or registration in ZOOL 200 or consent of instructor.
- Use the scientific method of inquiry to investigate biological phenomena.
- Apply the concepts learned in ZOOL 200 to an experimental and hands-on observational setting.
- Collect, reduce, and interpret biological data.
- Prepare written objective reports describing and interpreting experimental and observational results.
- Demonstrate the use of some of the standard tools of the biological scientist, such as microscopes, scales, spectrophotometers, computers, and other analytical tools.
- Demonstrate the use of specialized tools and methods frequently used in the study of the marine environments and the organisms that live in these environments.