BIOL 171L : Introduction to Biology I Lab
Laboratory to accompany BIOL 171.
Credit for or registration in BIOL 171
High school chemistry or college chemistry.
- Use the scientific method of inquiry to investigate biological phenomena.
- Apply the concepts learned in BIOL 171 to an experimental and hands-on observational setting.
- Collect, reduce, and interpret biological data.
- Prepare written objective reports describing and interpreting experimental and observational results.
- Demonstrate the use of some of the standard tools of the biological scientist, such as microscopes, scales, spectrophotometers, computers, and other analytical tools.
- Apply the standard analytical procedures of biology, such as chromatography, biochemical analyses, preparation of materials for microscopic examination, culture techniques, and statistical procedures (descriptive statistics and hypothesis testing).