Introduction to the legal environment of business operations with particular attention to business law and ethics and to principles of law relating to contracts, agency, partnerships, and corporations.
A grade of C or higher in ENG 100.
- Summarize the American system of justice and jurisprudence, and its evolution, and effectively use its concepts, terminology, and procedures.
- Explain how laws are made, implemented, interpreted and enforced by the three branches of government at the national, state and local levels.
- Examine, explain and apply basic principles of law, including contracts, torts, real and personal property, business organizations, agency, employment, products and consumer protection, environmental law, and anti-trust, etc.
- Discuss how business and legal disputes arise and are avoided and/or resolved, including informal processes and alternative dispute resolution.
- Participate in ethical decision-making, taking into account various legal, business and ethical approaches, philosophies and codes.