The ASC in General Music prepares and encourages students to pursue a professional career in music performance, studio recording or music academia.
Upon successful completion of this certificate students will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic elements of music theory and applications in areas such as notation, rhythm, and expression.
- Demonstrate professional performance practices.
- Analyze music history, literature, and culture.
- Demonstrate proficiency on their instrument of choice.
This certificate consists of a minimum of 25 credits.
Required Courses (13 credits)
* If piano is your primary instrument, you must choose a MUS 121(B, D, F, or Z) course to fulfill your core requirement.
Required Electives: Music Performance
Elective Music Performance Courses: Minimum of 6 credits.
Required Electives: Music Elective Courses
Minimum of 3 credits: