The Academic Subject Certificate in General Music prepares and encourages students to pursue a professional career in music performance, studio recording, or music academia.
Upon successful completion of this certificate students will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic elements of music theory and applications in areas such as notation, rhythm, and expression
- Demonstrate professional performance practices
- Analyze music history, literature, and culture
- Demonstrate proficiency on their instrument of choice
This certificate consists of a minimum of 25 credits.
Required Courses (12 credits)
* If piano is your primary instrument, you must choose a MUS 121(B, D, F, or Z) course to fulfill your core requirement.
Elective Courses (13 Credits)
Music Performance Course Electives: Minimum of six (6) credits.
Music Course Electives: Minimum of three (3) credits.
Required Electives: Music Performance
Elective Music Performance Courses: Minimum of six (6) credits.
Required Electives: Music Elective Courses
Minimum of three (3) credits: